The Leadership Development Workshops for chairs, deans, and emerging leaders across the University of Washington campus provides a forum for discussion and networking on strategic planning and effective leadership. Offered quarterly throughout the academia year.
Pre-Tenure Faculty Workshops for pre-tenure faculty in ADVANCE departments are intended to provide resources, discussion and best practices on issues that address equity and promotion. Offered quarterly throughout the academic year.
The Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series, specifically for women faculty in ADVANCE departments, provides a forum for discussion and networking focused on women leaders in academe. Offered monthly throughout the academic year.
All UW ADVANCE campus initiatives began with the original ADVANCE Institutional Transformation grant that was active 2001-2007. During that time, UW ADVANCE also offered the Transitional Support Program (TSP), the Cross-Department Cultural Change Program (CDCCP), the Visiting Scholars Program (VSP), and the Department Transformation Grants (DTG). The TSP program offered grants to outstanding science, engineering and mathematics (SEM) faculty (regardless of gender) who were in the midst of major life transitions, either professional or personal, which could have impeded their career momentum. More TSP information here. The CDCCP program brought groups of faculty from several ADVANCE departments together to build personal leadership skills and work on a department-specific cultural change project. More CDCCP info here. The VSP brought nationally-recognized scholars in STEM or in fields that study STEM workforce issues to UW for a visit. DTGs provided funds to departments to address improving departmental culture through creating opportunities for women and minorities and departmental cultural change.
ADVANCE Center for Institutional Change
371 Loew Hall
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-2180
Recent & Upcoming Events
- Quarterly Leadership Workshop: Cultivating an Inclusive Departmental Culture for Faculty RetentionWednesday, April 26, 2017 - 10:00am to 12:30pmHUB 145
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Transitioning to Leadership Roles in your CommunityTuesday, May 2, 2017 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmEEB 303
- Pre-Tenure Faculty Workshop: Applying for NSF CAREER GrantsThursday, May 4, 2017 - 12:00pm to 1:30pmLoew Hall 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Eminent Trailblazing Female STEM Faculty at UWFriday, June 2, 2017 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew Hall 355
- Pre-Tenure Faculty Workshop: NSF CAREER Proposal Abstract Review WorkshopThursday, June 22, 2017 - 10:00am to 11:30amLoew Hall 355