Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series
The Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch series is a leadership development program for women faculty in STEM. It features a different woman leader each month who talks about her career path and the benefits and challenges of her position. This forum for informal mentoring encourages women faculty to consider positions of academic leadership. More than 100 women leaders, including center directors, chairs, and deans, have presented through this series.
We offer lunches monthly September – June, and once quarterly we feature a panel of women speakers that address a given topic. Past topics include Working with the Media and Nominating Women for Awards.
ADVANCE Center for Institutional Change
371 Loew Hall
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-2180
Recent & Upcoming Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Transitioning to Leadership Roles in your CommunityTuesday, May 2, 2017 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmEEB 303
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Eminent Trailblazing Female STEM Faculty at UWFriday, June 2, 2017 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew Hall 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Determining how much to charge for consulting and speaking servicesThursday, October 5, 2017 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew Hall 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: • Billie Swalla, Professor, Biology Department and Friday Harbor Laboratories, University of WashingtonThursday, November 2, 2017 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew Hall 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Gerri Martin Flickinger, Executive Vice President, Chief Technology Officer, StarbucksFriday, December 8, 2017 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew Hall 355