The ADVANCE Center for Institutional Change focuses our efforts in the following key areas. Click on each topic for a handout with more information.
- Faculty Recruitment & Hiring - offering advice on finding diverse candidates, selecting search committees, handling dual career candidates, and evaluation of search processes to ensure a high degree of excellence.
- Faculty Retention & Work/Life - improving departmental climate, providing career development resources, sharing faculty resources on campuses, supporting flexible policies and practices, and consulting with faculty and chairs to identify barriers to retention.
- Mentoring - offering resources and support for faculty at all ranks to improve mentoring skills, and offering group mentoring opportunities for women faculty, pre-tenure faculty, and emerging faculty leaders.
- Faculty Professional Development - workshops for faculty at all ranks (pre-tenure, mid-career, and full) that provide opportunities for networking, sharing best practices, finding funding, and honing their leadership skills.
- Institutional Transformation - efforts that transform the culture and climate of the entire institution.
- ADVANCE Resource Library is a searchable database with handouts, presentations, and publications on key ADVANCE topics.
- Bibliographies of research on key ADVANCE topics.
- ADVANCE Lactation Room (Sieg121) is available for nursing mothers. View online calendar. Please note: STEM faculty, staff and students have priority reservations.