The ADVANCE Center for Institutional Change focuses our efforts in the following key areas:
- Faculty Recruitment & Hiring, includes offering advice on finding diverse candidates, selecting search committees, handling dual career candidates, and evaluation of search processes to ensure a high degree of excellence. Learn more.
- Faculty Retention & Work/Life, includes improving departmental climate, providing career development resources, sharing faculty resources on campuses, supporting flexible policies and practices, and consulting with faculty and chairs to identify barriers to retention. Learn more.
- Mentoring, includes offering resources and support for faculty at all ranks to improve mentoring skills, and offering group mentoring opportunities for women faculty, pre-tenure faculty, and emerging faculty leaders. Learn more.
- Faculty Professional Development, includes workshops for faculty at all ranks (pre-tenure, mid-career, and full) that provide opportunities for networking, sharing best practices, finding funding, and honing their leadership skills. Learn more.
- Institutional Transformation, efforts that transform the culture and climate of the entire institution. Learn more.
- ADVANCE Resource Library is a searchable database with handouts, presentations, and publications on key ADVANCE topics.
- Bibliographies of research on key ADVANCE topics.
- ADVANCE Lactation Room (Sieg121) is available for nursing mothers. View online calendar. Please note: STEM faculty, staff and students have priority reservations.