Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series
The Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch series is a leadership development program for women faculty in STEM. It features a different woman leader each month who talks about her career path and the benefits and challenges of her position. This forum for informal mentoring encourages women faculty to consider positions of academic leadership. More than 100 women leaders, including center directors, chairs, and deans, have presented through this series.
We offer lunches monthly September – June, and once quarterly we feature a panel of women speakers that address a given topic. Past topics include Working with the Media and Nominating Women for Awards.
ADVANCE Center for Institutional Change
371 Loew Hall
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-2180
Recent & Upcoming Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Dr. Agnieszka Miguel, Seattle UniversityTuesday, October 21, 2014 - 12:15pm to 1:30pm
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: ADVANCE Peer Mentoring Group OrientationTuesday, October 28, 2014 - 12:00pm to 1:30pmLoew 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Promotion to Full ProfessorTuesday, November 25, 2014 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmHUB 307
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Dr. Sheila Hemami, Professor and Chair of Electrical Engineering - Northeastern UniversityMonday, December 8, 2014 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew Hall 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Dr. Virginia Valian, Distinguished Professor of Psychology at Hunter College-CUNYTuesday, January 6, 2015 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew Hall 355