Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series
The Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch series is a leadership development program for women faculty in STEM. It features a different woman leader each month who talks about her career path and the benefits and challenges of her position. This forum for informal mentoring encourages women faculty to consider positions of academic leadership. More than 100 women leaders, including center directors, chairs, and deans, have presented through this series.
We offer lunches monthly September – June, and once quarterly we feature a panel of women speakers that address a given topic. Past topics include Working with the Media and Nominating Women for Awards.
ADVANCE Center for Institutional Change
371 Loew Hall
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-2180
Recent & Upcoming Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Dr. Virginia Valian, Distinguished Professor of Psychology at Hunter College-CUNYTuesday, January 6, 2015 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew Hall 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Topical Event: Navigating a Bro-Culture in STEM, Coleen CarriganSaturday, January 31, 2015 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew Hall 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Topical Event: Katherine Long, Higher Education Reporter, The Seattle TimesThursday, February 5, 2015 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmHUB 145
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Elizabeth Coppinger, Executive Director, TEDxRainierTuesday, March 3, 2015 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmHUB 145
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Borjana Mikic, Rosemary Bradford Hewlett 1940 Professor, Engineering, Smith CollegeMonday, March 9, 2015 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew Hall 355