Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series
The Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch series is a leadership development program for women faculty in STEM. It features a different woman leader each month who talks about her career path and the benefits and challenges of her position. This forum for informal mentoring encourages women faculty to consider positions of academic leadership. More than 100 women leaders, including center directors, chairs, and deans, have presented through this series.
We offer lunches monthly September – June, and once quarterly we feature a panel of women speakers that address a given topic. Past topics include Working with the Media and Nominating Women for Awards.
ADVANCE Center for Institutional Change
371 Loew Hall
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-2180
Recent & Upcoming Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Naomi Oreskes, Professor of the History of Science and Affiliated Professor of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Harvard UniversityTuesday, March 1, 2016 -1:30pm to 2:45pmHUB 145
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Linda Ng Boyle, Chair and Professor, UW Industrial & Systems EngineeringFriday, April 8, 2016 -12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Dr. Mary Juhas, Associate Vice President for Gender Initiatives in STEMM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine) and Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, The Ohio State UniversityMonday, May 16, 2016 -12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Dr. Cecilia Giachelli, Chair and Professor, BioengineeringWednesday, June 15, 2016 -12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: President Ana Mari CauceTuesday, August 16, 2016 -12:15pm to 1:30pmIntellectual House