Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series
The Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch series is a leadership development program for women faculty in STEM. It features a different woman leader each month who talks about her career path and the benefits and challenges of her position. This forum for informal mentoring encourages women faculty to consider positions of academic leadership. More than 100 women leaders, including center directors, chairs, and deans, have presented through this series.
We offer lunches monthly September – June, and once quarterly we feature a panel of women speakers that address a given topic. Past topics include Working with the Media and Nominating Women for Awards.
ADVANCE Center for Institutional Change
371 Loew Hall
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-2180
Recent & Upcoming Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Elaine Scott, Dean of the School of STEM at the University of Washington, BothellFriday, November 20, 2015 -12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew Hall 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Mentoring-for-Leadership-Lunch on Salary NegotiationsFriday, December 11, 2015 -12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Dr. Jeannette Wing, Corporate Vice President of Microsoft ResearchFriday, January 22, 2016 -12:15pm to 1:30pmHusky Union Building (HUB) #340
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Nita Rinehart, former member of Washington State Senate and House of RepresentativesThursday, February 25, 2016 -12:15pm to 1:30pmHUB Room #340
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Naomi Oreskes, Professor of the History of Science and Affiliated Professor of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Harvard UniversityTuesday, March 1, 2016 -1:30pm to 2:45pmHUB 250