Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series
The Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch series is a leadership development program for women faculty in STEM. It features a different woman leader each month who talks about her career path and the benefits and challenges of her position. This forum for informal mentoring encourages women faculty to consider positions of academic leadership. More than 100 women leaders, including center directors, chairs, and deans, have presented through this series.
We offer lunches monthly September – June, and once quarterly we feature a panel of women speakers that address a given topic. Past topics include Working with the Media and Nominating Women for Awards.
ADVANCE Center for Institutional Change
371 Loew Hall
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-2180
Recent & Upcoming Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Borjana Mikic, Rosemary Bradford Hewlett 1940 Professor, Engineering, Smith CollegeMonday, March 9, 2015 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew Hall 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Jennifer Sherman, Vice President of Product Management, Navex GlobalThursday, April 23, 2015 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew Hall 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Abigail Stewart, Sandra Schwartz Tangri Distinguished University Professor; Director, University of Michigan ADVANCE programFriday, May 8, 2015 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmHUB 145
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Preparing for a Professionally Productive SummerMonday, June 8, 2015 - 12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew Hall 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Eileen Drew, Professor of Statistics and Program Manager of the Centre for Women in Science & Engineering Research, Trinity College DublinTuesday, October 27, 2015 - 12:15pmHUB 340