Pre-Tenure Faculty Workshops
For pre-tenure faculty in STEM fields at UW (includes departments in the College of Engineering; the College of Arts & Sciences, Science Division; and the College of the Environment), UW ADVANCE offers an Annual Welcome Lunch (Fall Quarter) for new pre-tenure faculty in STEM and quarterly Pre-Tenure Faculty Workshops.
Topics include time and resource management; planning for the future; applying for CAREER awards, and more. Find handouts from past workshops in the Additional Resources right side box on this page.
ADVANCE Center for Institutional Change
371 Loew Hall
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-2180
Recent & Upcoming Pre-Tenure Faculty Workshop
- Pre-Tenure Faculty Workshop: When to say yes and how to say no: balancing teaching, research, service and the rest of life, with Eve Riskin and Dawn LehmanFriday, March 4, 2016 -12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew 355
- Pre-Tenure Faculty Workshop: Applying for NSF CAREER GrantWednesday, May 11, 2016 -12:00pm to 2:00pmLoew 355
- Pre-Tenure Faculty Workshop: ADVANCE Welcome LunchMonday, October 10, 2016 -11:45am to 1:00pmLoew 355
- Pre-Tenure Faculty Workshop: Graduating Your First StudentsTuesday, November 29, 2016 -12:00pm to 1:30pmHUB 214
- Pre-Tenure Faculty Workshop: Beyond Time ManagementTuesday, February 14, 2017 -12:00pm to 1:30pmHUB 332