The Leadership Development Workshops for chairs, deans, and emerging leaders across the University of Washington campus provides a forum for discussion and networking on strategic planning and effective leadership. Offered quarterly throughout the academia year.
Pre-Tenure Faculty Workshops for pre-tenure faculty in ADVANCE departments are intended to provide resources, discussion and best practices on issues that address equity and promotion. Offered quarterly throughout the academic year.
The Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series, specifically for women faculty in ADVANCE departments, provides a forum for discussion and networking focused on women leaders in academe. Offered monthly throughout the academic year.
All UW ADVANCE campus initiatives began with the original ADVANCE Institutional Transformation grant that was active 2001-2007. During that time, UW ADVANCE also offered the Transitional Support Program (TSP), the Cross-Department Cultural Change Program (CDCCP), the Visiting Scholars Program (VSP), and the Department Transformation Grants (DTG). The TSP program offered grants to outstanding science, engineering and mathematics (SEM) faculty (regardless of gender) who were in the midst of major life transitions, either professional or personal, which could have impeded their career momentum. More TSP information here. The CDCCP program brought groups of faculty from several ADVANCE departments together to build personal leadership skills and work on a department-specific cultural change project. More CDCCP info here. The VSP brought nationally-recognized scholars in STEM or in fields that study STEM workforce issues to UW for a visit. DTGs provided funds to departments to address improving departmental culture through creating opportunities for women and minorities and departmental cultural change.
ADVANCE Center for Institutional Change
371 Loew Hall
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-2180
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Dr. Terry Plank, Professor of Earth Science and 2012 MacArthur Fellow; Columbia University and the Lamont Doherty Earth ObservatoryFriday, November 18, 2016 -12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Dr. Sheila Edwards Lange, President, Seattle Central CollegeFriday, December 9, 2016 -12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Lili Deligianni, Senior Researcher, Thomas J. Watson Research Center, IBMTuesday, January 17, 2017 -12:15pm to 1:30pmHUB 332
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Jennifer Cohen, Athletic Director, University of WashingtonFriday, February 3, 2017 -12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew 355
- Mentoring-for-Leadership Lunch Series: Gen. Ellen Pawlikowski, Commander, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OhioMonday, April 10, 2017 -12:15pm to 1:30pmLoew 355